DAILY TORRI: Life Of Uam Boy…Part 3

by foodblogger , at 04:25:00 , have 0 comments
As written by Adegwurulez…(ADEGWURULEZ@GMAIL.COM)… If you missed part Two yesterday read it HERE!!!

What might be the problem with cynthia? was she involved in a fight? Has someone threatened her? Whatever the problem was, i wasn’t ready to engage in a fight because of
a girl. Enough of all this guesses, i better go and find out for myself. i tought.

I had to temporarily put “OPERATION MAMA NKECHI” on hold. But surely, i wasn’t going to forget about what she did to me. I might not disgrace her, NO!!!! she’s older than me but i must collect my money, either directly or indirectly.



I walked hastily to the girls hostel (cynthia stayed in the hostel). Boys where not allowed into the girls hostel(the last time a guy as much as passed behind their bathroom, he was babtised with water). I had to call cynthia to meet me outside. Luckily for me, i met a friend who was also waiting for “JAMO” outside the hostel.

NB:JAMO is a code name for girls. Dont know if it’s a general name or just in UAM.

I used his phone to call cynthia but when she discovered it was me, she ended the the call. I had to call rita who came out to meet me. According to rita, cynthia had seen philip in the class through out last night. She didn’t buy the lie i fed her but she just maintained her cool untill she reached the hostel and opened the emotional flood gates. Damn!!!!! and i was feeling smart, thinking i was a good player.

So what do i do now? i asked rita. well, knowing who she is, she’ll actually forgive you but lets hope she doesn’t kill herself before then. I told rita to set up a meeting between me and cynthia in the evening. She agreed before running back to the hostel saying she had something on the fire.

*****************************

I ran home but decided to branch musa’s house. He was cooking when i came back. musa is a glutton, i wondered how he manages to scale through his ramadaan fast. A story was told of how musa went to a birthday and ate till he could eat no more. In a party where people where complaining of not getting enough food, musa had excess. All he had to do was to bring three exercise books and placed them on the three chairs close to him. when they were sharing foods musa told them that the owners of the excersise books were taking a stroll and that their foods should be kept for them. At the end of the day, musa had eaten three plates of rice each with a large chunk of meat and drank the drinks meant for three imaginary visitors. After eating and drinking, musa couldn’t get up. A wheelbarrow had to be used to convey him home. And even on the way, musa bought a loaf of bread for the journey.

So when i saw him cooking, i just remembered the story and a smile formed on my face. wetin dey make you open teeth like roasted goat na? musa had asked after seeing me smiling.

oboy i bring job for you. i told him

wetin be dat? he asked. I filled him in on the happenings of the morning. He was visibly annoyed. According to him mama nkechi had violated the 19th law of power, “KNOW WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH, DO NOT OFFEND THE WRONG PERSON.” she had offended the wrong person. He updated me on the modus operandi. It sounded childish but i had no better idea so i had to follow his lead.

****************************
Musa took a stroll to mama nkechi’s shop and fortunately, she was not around. He called me and i met him there. We asked the small boy that was around of his mum. He said she had went to the market to buy goods. Musa told the little boy to go and look for an ‘Northerner’ dat would mend his shoe for him. He had bribed the boy with #20 hence the speed with which the little boy left the shop.

we quickly located the recharge card bag and started loading it into my phone. After loading close to #1500 worth of airtime in the #100 and #200 denomination, we were satisfied. few minutes later, the little boy came back and told us he didn’t find any Northerner. We thanked him and left.

I wanna scream and shout and let it all out. That was the lyrics of Will I Am’s hit track “scream and shout”. I wasn’t a fan of foreign music. Infact, after learning of the conspiracies and hidden meanings in most of their songs, i was scared to the bone to the extent that i wouldn’t even listen to Awilo or Fally ipupa’s songs( abi no be foreign musicians dem be?). At that moment i felt victory all over my body, i couldn’t help but join musa in singing. Scream and shout and let it all out!!!!!!!!!!!

We went and started planning for phase two. musa wetin be our second move na? i asked musa. Dat woman do you two things; she collect your money come disgrace you. musa explained while i listened with rapt attention. We don collect your money but we never disgrace her. musa explained further.
But how we go take do dat one na?
Dont worry, when the time reach you go know.

I wasn’t comfortable with his phase two but he was my boss in the game of mischief and i wouldn’t want to break law one, “NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER.” So like a lamb been led to the slaughter, i follow musa anywhere he went. When panam percy paul sang i’l follow you, for the rest of my life, i was pretty sure he was reffering to me and musa.

oya stand here, when i flash u make you start to come. musa commanded.

I am going to diagrace the dreaded mama nkechi today. rumour had it that mama nkechi was an iron lady even in her house as she practically controlled the husband. some group of people said it was because she’s the bread winner of the family. Another group had said it was because she paid dowry on the man’s head, i guess that should be called the “grooms price.”

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. i brought it out and it was musa that just flashed me.
chai!!! na dis kind flashing the kill battery. the tin no even ring reach 1millisecond. The flashing means i should start coming. I started shivering. The fear of mama nkechi could actually do wonders. I shook off the fear and proceeded towards musa.

Guy come o, dis card no wan load o. musa complained to me as i aproached him.

its like na network. mama nkechi chipped in.

madam give me anoda one. musa said. you go pay for two of them o. The money concious mama nkechi warned. No problem, if e enter i go pay you.
musa struggled to load the phone and it refused loading.

madam you don use all this recharge card naim you sell am for me ba? musa queried. no mind her, na so she dey do o. i shouted, trying to raise crowd. Little did i know that i was raising crowd for my funeral. Haba, mama nkechi u no go stop dis kind of behaviour? musa asked.

By this time, the crowd was approaching the number attainable in a uefa champions league final game. Wetin be dey problem? a deep voice asked. That was undoubtedly the voice of mama nkechi’s senior son. I was right. The jobless boy who had managed to get a job as a mechanic was looking at me.

Na your mother load recharge card wan come sell am to us o.

bring your phone ma try load am see. I willingly gave him my phone.

after punching the digits of the first card, the silly service reply showed up. SORRY, THIS RECHARGE CARD HAS ALREADY BEEN USED BY YOU. the mechanic boy drew closer to me. At this point, musa was nowhere to be found. give me the second card he said. i swallowed saliva and gave him the card awaiting my doom. After punching, the same reply showed up.

The slap dat followed reminded me of nigga raw’s lyrics in spiritual conji “even for afternoon u go dey see stars”

so na una wan use my mother head ba? he asked immediately followed by a slap which i stylishly ducked. this made my phone to fall from his hand. At this point, i didn’t wait for musa’s lead again as i picked up my phone i ran for my dear life.

WATCH OUT FOR PART 4 TOMORROW

foodblogger
DAILY TORRI: Life Of Uam Boy…Part 3 - written by foodblogger , published at 04:25:00, categorized as Daily torri , live of uam boy . And have 0 comments
No comment Add a comment

Drop your Comment bellow

Cancel Reply
GetID

CLICK IMAGE BELOW

Copyright ©2016 Uam Student Blog
Theme designed by Okoye Philip - Powered by The Social Media Company Of Nigeria
Owned by Uam Students
-->